Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010


   I went to Home depot and checked out their line of garage doors.Of course, I, like everyone else do not like to spend money unless I have to. So I went directly to the value section. The cheapest of the doors $244, were just that, cheap! They only have one thin panel( about an 1/8 inch thick) so I passed on this and went to the next more expensive model. $314. It is a door made by Clopay, this model has the same thin front panel , but also has insulation panels behind it. I like the look and feel of this model better.
   The door came with an installation cd which helped a lot. It also gave me an excuse to get out of the heat and  go into the house with air conditioning evry now and aagin. The cd said the average installation time would be about 4 hours. That translates into 6 for me. All in all it was quite easy, a one man job,and it it looks and works great.  Now onto shingleing

No comments:

Post a Comment